Peer support is available at the Discussion Forum. This is an area where you can ask questions of other users, or help other users. Responses aren't guaranteed by the author of the script, though the forum is monitored for consistent bug reports and the like.
- The main product page - download link, install instructions, etc.
- Known Issues, Planned Changes, and Version History
- AccStats - a separate add-on by John Cardinal. AccStats can be used to query, convert, import, export and keep a master database of all hits in the AXS log.txt file. You can also use this utility to create nicely formatted, printable reports through the standard Microsoft Access report module.
Install, Upgrade, and Re-Install
- System requirements
- How to migrate from one server to another
- Help with downloading
- Upgrading or re-installing over an existing version
- My browser tries to download the script instead of showing me the web page
- Admin page shows 'Pragma: no-cache, Content-Type: text/html' at top
- Web browser displays source code
Licensing / Payment
Limitations and things that cannot be done
- How to maximize security
- Security: How to set or update your password
- Security: AXS not prompting for password
- Security: Changing the location of the data files
- How to get help with logging in to AXS
- Dealing with login looping
- Securing ax-admin with .htaccess security
AXS Tracking Codes
- How can I log hits to CGI scripts
- Tracking file downloads
- Tracking visits to frameset pages
- Creative tracking
- Required workaround when DOCUMENT_URI environment variable populated
- Long form redirects
- How to track visits to multiple web sites
Miscellaneous Help Topics
- Things to check when logging stops
- Running AXS from the command line
- The AXS log file format
- Adjusting time zone of logged visits
- How to avoid counting your own traffic
- Definition of "relevant hits", "total hits" and "corrupt data points"
- All visitors show up as 127.0.0.1
- Converting log files
- All visitor IP addresses show up as proxy server IP address, not true address
- Hosting AXS on a web site different from the one being tracked
- How to solve problem where all graphs work except 'Links Followed'
- Hits versus page views versus unique users
- Problem URL's containing the wysiwyg:// protocol
- Problem URL's pointing to Shonen Knife www.mmjp.or.jp/knife
- Problem URL's containing "Hidden-Referrer"
- Database listings with no URL data
- Software and strings used in blocking the referring URL
download.zip contains all help files for off-line browsing.